Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Bathroom remodel begins

So we moved into our little farm house two years ago. We knew coming in that the bathroom would need to be remodeled eventually. After living  with what we have and re-caulking the tub surround over and over and over again I have finally had enough of that.

Up until this point I have been in school and money has been tight. But after graduating and getting a pretty decent job we've been able to save some money. So now we are going to blow it all on the bathroom in the cheapest way possible. My wonderful hubby is very handy when it comes to making my visions a reality. So what is to follow in the upcoming weeks is the process that mainly he will be doing. Thank God for him and his energy lol. 
This is the bathroom currently. It doesn't look HORRIBLE. Just dated. Until you look closer. 

No matter how much I scrub it never looks clean. And yes I've used all different cleaners. The caulk has been replaced numerous times. And within a few weeks it always seems to be moldy and cracked. Which makes us think that behind these old walls is probably leakage and mold and lots of yuck. 


The shower head was a cheap replacement for the previous unusable head and has done an ok job. But still isn't on par with what we really want. 

The vanity was bad. The top is dull and scratched all to hell. I did what I could and painted it. I had Eric install a shelf in the weird gap between the cabinets. But really it's just not good use of the space. (Overlook the mess I need to see my stuff or it doesn't get used, pretend you don't see personal items...) 
So the inspiration for this room is from Pinterest. I love Pinterest as much as I love Ikea 😜 
I really love this look. We already have the huge mirror. Which Eric plans on framing out for me. And my bestie Jess went with me to ikea this past weekend and I picked up these Vanities and tops. 
 I also LOVE the tinted glass look and no seams on this shower. I'm still trying to find a retailer that makes these. 

But demo officially starts tomorrow. While I'm at work the hubby plans on stripping the shower down to studs. Once we figure out what's needed for that he will be ripping out the current vinyl and fixing any floor boards before I have new vinyl installed. 

I'm pretty optimistic at this point that it will all work out. However let's call this a happy start and see what happens. Wish us luck I have a feeling we are going to need it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment