Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The ugly tub is gone!

While I was running around for work today the hubby was super busy! 
I got several texts with pics today. 

What I feared could have been a major problem in the shower turned out to be kind of minor. 
This concerned me when I saw it. Gross black mold! 

When he sent this pic he said "oops I broke the tub lol" 

But thankfully it all seemed to be concentrated at the tub line. Which means that the water was getting between the surround and the wall. So taking it all out is the next step. 

We went to Menards to see what they have in the way of standard and custom glass doors. This space is 43" which is Not a standard size. Which means if we go custom, it's looking to cost $700+ just for the door. 
Another option is to build the door frame out and use something in a standard size like this. 
That's not horrible but it's not exactly what I want. I don't want to close off the space any more than I have to. 
I mean look at that dark hole now. I don't like dark and tight in the shower I want something bright and open. 
We briefly talked about moving the plumbing to the back wall and opening up this whole corner. But then we get into the issue of having to fix the ceiling which would mean scraping all the "popcorn" off the ceiling and I'm trying to keep that off the to do list for now. 
I'm not sure why I want to avoid that but apparently I do. (Or so I'm told). 
However at this point we are going to wait until the local glass guy can come out and give me an estimate on a seamless shower and then figure out if my vision is in the budget. 
Thank god we have another bathroom to use in the meantime. 

Here's another inspiration pic for the feel I am going for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment