Sunday, July 14, 2013

Finished record player revamp!


So remember the before brown plastic molded into a cool funky design... I liked it. 



The after: black and cream..... Do you like the metal in the middle painted cream, or should I have gone all black? These are my last minute projects before we move, and need something to do because I am going crazy all my stuff is packed away! 



And a view of it opened, we did not paint the inside, it seemed a lot easier to just edge it and leave the faux wood veneer alone, it's still in good shape so why mess with it? I used canvas drop cloth in front of the speakers, my main design is going to center around tan, black and white. With lots of color pops thrown in the usual places. I can't wait to see it all come together counting down the days! 


And another shot closed, I like it. Actually I think I am going to love it in the new space, and I already use it a lot.  So :-) JOY! 


Details: 
Console : $40 (ouch) but vintage lovely and I love it already! 
Spray paint : $12  (4 cans black, already had cream paint for front deco pieces) 
Canvas $15 ( only used a tiny little bit so lets say I used $2 worth) 
Total: roughly $54 plus tax

Husband again helped immensely took it all apart, helped me carry it outside, did most of the painting, I guess he wanted to help, so he checked it a lot more than I did.... I didn't tell him that I had planned on long dry times between coats. So anywho, it got done and he even put it all back together today. Even though I again had planned on a few days for the paint to cure. But all is good, it's sitting downstairs open and curing, and beautiful! My oldest even came in and says " oh my gawd mom it's beautiful!" 

JOY! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment