Friday, April 19, 2013

Flip Flops

Okay so who out there LOVES Pinterest? Yeah me too, I've got a bunch of boards and even got the hubby started on it. he's got his own which seem to revolve around home improvement and cooking. While mine revolve around decorating and crafts =) Good thing he is the cook of the house, we'd all die of food poisoning or obesity from tater tots and chicken nuggets if the cooking were left up to me =) ( read sarcasm and yeah I hate cooking in that last statement)lol

So ANYWAY.... I am subscribed to a bunch of stores email lists and JC Penny sent me one that I actually looked at for a change, they had their flip flops on sale $1 a pair until they run out. so seriously they might still have some go look. And I went and bought like 6 pairs. Yes I did. then I came home and got so super excited because I just knew pinterest would have all kinds of exciting things to do to decorate them..... yeah not so much. So I went my own route....

Ok so I had a pair of really cute blinged out dressy type flip flops that were so flat had NO support and really just hurt to walk in them, so I cut the jewels off them and put them on the red pair of flip flops below. I think next year I might get a black pair for these jewels. I just used craft glue and fishing line and tied them on.

For the pink pair I took some more craft glue and glitter and they turned out pretty but I should have used modge podge cause glitter goes EVERYWHERE when I wear them. live & learn right?


Close Up

Close up- glitter is hard to photograph am I right?

Then these cuties I knew I wanted ribbon and I wanted bright, so I thought this might match a few things I have. I took the ribbon and sewed the little ripples in it and then hot glued it to the flip flops. not sure if I like the middle bow but the rest looks good to me. I suggest you go to wherever you buy your ribbon and I swear inspiration will strike you just like it did me =)

Update: hot glue did NOT work, I wore these out of the house and before we even got where we were going the ribbon started flopping off, it did unstick very quickly from the flip flops where they were glued down, but I will have to re glue will try plain craft glue and see if that holds up:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment