Friday, April 19, 2013

My First & Second Dress Recycle!

I'm so excited, but I have to back story a little. I posted before about my daily dress inspiration from Marisa over at New Dress a Day. Please go check her out, you will learn so much!

Anyway. So I am getting older and wider yes I said wider lols, and have a shit ton of tank tops ( yes I cuss occasionally I'm not going to edit myself for blog land, get used to it, how I talk is how I type.) So anyway Websters dictionary would describe my tank top collection of well over 20 different colors a shit ton. Yep its more than that but I'm not gonna go count them now soooo.... anyway I'm getting wider and I no longer appreciate how I look in them around my middle =)

So I thought what can I do. Then I started noticing the new trend in stores is skirts attached to tanks which if strategically placed will cover the erhmmm excess in the middle lols.  JOY AND YAY!  So I went to goodwill and found a few dresses I liked for the fabric, and after being an avid reader of Marisa, and after doing a little more homework on Pinterest I got serious and finally made a dress actually I've made 2 this week, so I will just post them both here =) the 3rd is giving me pains but hopefully will turn out beautiful in the end!

before: perfectly OK, but nothing I would even consider wearing on a daily casual basis, which is how I like my dresses. If I can find a tutorial on how to make peplum shirts I will have to turn the top part of this dress into a peplum shirt.... might be worth it.

after shortened it up a bit too =)


The before on this dress was indecent around the boobage area, so this is the after. I think they both look better in person, but yeah they are kinda like sacks and skim my body instead of hugging the curves. =) Oh and they are very comfy and totally casual for wearing around the house and even to Walmart lols =)



No comments:

Post a Comment